Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Those boys. Those boys who are 5 and 7. Those boys who introduced me to some DUDE show which I liked!!!!

All I can say right now is that I wish I had photos.  Sam and Henry, the grandsons of my heart, had me over on Friday to watch them, although they need small watching now.  Now they just need guidance so they:

1) Do not cheat at the game SORRY.

2) Wash their hands after peeing.
3) Do not lie about the rules of SORRY.
4) Introduce me to a new TV show called something like "Cool Dudes" or something else but I really liked it!
5) Show me that there is a remarkable dessert thing where you peel back the cellophane and then dip Oreos into some magical white dipping sauce that calms them for minutes.
6) Are enough grown-up that they are willing to go to bed without the light on in their room that I did not know how to light. (It was tricky.)  Duh on my part, but by then, more than two SORRY games and several "DUDE" shows under their belts, they fell asleep in about 90 seconds.

These boys. These remarkable boys. I cannot tell you how much I love them and how cool Sam and Henry are. It's been some time since my kids were 5 and 7.  I have forgotten, but have quickly been reminded, about their mental acuity which rivals mine at times.  I know that when Jenn and Gabe were the same ages, people remarked on how verbal they were because John and I talked to them like they were people.  Duh, they were people. (Well, yes, they still are, and we still talk to them as if they were adults. Go figure.)  Sam and Henry, the same. Stacey and Ben talk to them with the same tone and vocabulary that they talk to anyone and it shows.  I loved that Henry wanted to change the rules of SORRY, and that Sam rolled his eyes when I looked up that rule change in the printed Rule Book. I can't call it 'babysitting' because they aren't babies. They are people. I am simply minding them and their manners for a couple of hours. Bring It On!  Sam and Henry are my kin.  


OK. That's enough.  Those boys.  I will know them forever and love them longer than that.


xo

,

No comments:

Post a Comment