Thursday, January 4, 2018

Ah, the New Year. Is it me or is it off to a slow start?

I know, I know, we are only 4 days into this could-be-a-great year but I'm not feeling it yet.  And that's the key word: YET.  That feeling could come and I wish it would appear sooner than later.  So far this year we have the asshat president doing what he does best which is whining and twittering (or is it tweetering) and calling everyone bad names, to the extent that there's a columnist headline for NYT that reads "Everyone in Trumpworld Knows He's an Idiot". How can we live with that for 3 more years? We have a "bomb cyclone" punishing the east coast (and what a moniker that is!) to the really low degrees of something like 50 degrees below zero in wind chill factors in some areas.  We have another column about how the asshat will now open almost all U.S. Coastal waters to offshore drilling, hello another decade of oil leaks, spills, sludge and environmental destruction of our coasts. We have North and South Korea hooking up like the Archie and Veronica of comic books to do what?  Unite with Betty and Jughead to wreak havoc on their neighbors?  It's such a joke but a frightening one, actually, but a joke on the asshat. But then, not a  joke because the asshat can definitely get us into any war he wants.

And the beat goes on.  And so does the list of crap already started this year.  I hope for better; if I was a believer I would pray but I try to visualize peace and harmony and all I see and hear is terror and dissonance.

And yet, it is not even a week into 2018, there is a lot of time for the year to break out of its hard boiled shell and become a thing of beauty.  For that, I yearn.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/life-with-archie-married-life-700462_5372.jpg


1 comment:

  1. Yes. The year has started off slowly for me too but for different reasons. I think we are seeing a political tsunami slowly develop this year and will either culminate with Mueller's report or the 2018 mid-term elections, what ever comes first. Admittedly this takes a lot of patience if you spend any time listening or watching the news.

    ReplyDelete