Friday, September 21, 2018

Springsteen whispering in my ear......

I ain't nothing but tired,
I'm just tired and bored with myself.
.................
Message keeps getting clearer,
Radio's on and I'm moving round the place.
Check my look in the mirror,
I want to change my clothes, my hair, my face.
Man, I ain't getting nowhere,
Living in a dump like this.
There's something happening somewhere,
Baby I just know there is.
.............
You sit around getting older,
There's a joke here somewhere and it's on me.
I'll shake this world off my shoulders,
Come on baby, this laugh's on me.

This song has been rolling around my head every morning for the past week.  "There's something happening somewhere, I just know there is."  I find myself looking at craigslist for used RV's or a small van I could sleep in. I read endless articles about foreign countries or national parks in the midwest or food halls on the east coast. Insatiably, I ask guests at the hotel where they are traveling from and where they are going next.  Wanderlust.

I woke up the other morning and I spoke out loud to myself: "I don't want to do this anymore."  Having said it and acknowledged it as the truth means it needs to be real. How long can I put off doing what I was meant to do just because I am afraid of the financial part of the equation?  Where is the financing for my heart and soul?  Why is the deficit always the factor that drives my life? I am tired of living with that philosophy. Something has to change.

2019. The year I drive the length of the Mississippi River, the year I see the temples in Cambodia, the year I finally see the Northern Lights?  Will it happen?

Image result for picture of the northern lights in alaska





No comments:

Post a Comment