Thursday, September 20, 2018

Using CBD cream for pain vs hemp oil for pain: any opinions?

One of my knees is pretty much OK after surgery 8 months ago but it is being a little tweaked because of the situation with the other knee.  Knee #2 has a torn meniscus and a blown bursa, both of which should get better at some time but it's taking a long, long time.  There are times when it hurts a lot, and it makes me depend on Knee #1 too much.  For the bad knee I am currently using CBD cream. It helps but it doesn't alleviate the pain.

I am also using hemp oil, which is touted to have the same properties as CBD since they are related. (There is too much information online to make a distinction about which is better.)  The hemp oil also helps but doesn't take the pain away.

If anyone out there in virtual reader land has an opinion or has experience of either product and has something helpful to tell me, bring it on! Since anyone can by CBD or hemp products in grocery stores these days, I suspect that it all depends on the user's body chemistry and what other "essential oils" are in the product one buys.  (The whole "essential oil" thing strikes me the wrong way, I think it's just the name.  Who is to say what is essential?  Olive oil might be essential to me but not to you. And yes, I know that olive oil is not considered an "essential" oil, but just saying....)  I could and should go to a dispensary and I will at some point but there are different price levels depending on if you have a medical marijuana card or not and yes, it's legal here but you still have to jump through a few hoops and with my bad knees that jumping is painful. 

Having said all that, maybe it's better to smoke two joints in the morning, smoke two joints at night.  But that always makes me cough and the CBD doesn't get you high, unless you get high from not having any pain, which would be a good high for me! Maybe eating my Sleeping Brownies would help my knees, who knows?   Moving on......

.

No comments:

Post a Comment