Friday, November 9, 2018

And the ETA on the Zombies is when?

Seriously, I just came back from walking Cooper around the block and it is a ghost town out there, like Zombie-land. No one is on the roads, I could have prostrated myself on Mendocino Avenue and read my Bible (if I was carrying it) for five minutes before a car even came into view. The only time I have seen the road this quiet was Christmas morning, and this is Friday night!

Same thing last night, no one on the roads. The smoke was annoying last evening but today it was awful.  The smoke index (aka Air Quality Index but come on, it's all about the smoke) starts at zero for good and 500 for bad. Today in Santa Rosa it was around 320. It was around 410 in Guerneville, home of Autocamp, my place of employment. It is supposed to be the same tomorrow, Saturday.  Another reason to be joyful about going to work!

Walking Cooper around 4:30 this afternoon for a short jaunt, the sun was a hellish red-orange combo, as if someone poured blood into orange juice and stirred it up. It was as defined as a canonball in the sky, clear and hot and creepy. A young guy was standing outside my neighborhood tattoo parlor as Cooper and I walked by and I pointed to the sun and said "fucking freaky, right?" and he replied "I don't want this, we had this last year, I am done with this."  My feelings exactly.

Shootings and fires in Los Angeles. More fires 100 miles from us right now. It feels like death and destruction are leaching out from Washington, D.C., a crawling plague of evil, leaving nothing whole or safe in its path.  Yes, I am making that up but come on.... you know you can feel it too.

Be safe out there. Evil does abide. 


No comments:

Post a Comment