Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Something's coming, don't know what it is.......

I wake up with song lyrics in my head.  All the time.

Could it be, yes it could, something's coming, something good, if I can wait.....around the corner, or whistling down the river, come on, deliver......

The Mississippi's mighty, it starts in Minnesota at a place you can walk across with five steps down. And I guess that's how you started, like a pinprick to my heart, but at this point you rush right through me and I start to drown......

Screen door slams, Mary's dress waves, like a vision she dances across the porch as the radio plays Roy Orbison singing for the lonely......

Drive up the coastline, maybe Ventura, watch the waves make signs out on the water, I wanna watch the ocean bend, the edges of the sun then, I wanna get swallowed up in an ocean of love ....

I could go on and on. Every morning I get up, I walk the dog and lyrics from years and years ago swim in my head. I can't remember what's on my grocery list for that day but I can remember words from years past. It comforts me and annoys me at the same time.

.





No comments:

Post a Comment