Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Birthdays, kids, acknowledged and not

It's odd, but I have often posted notes on or around August 10 about Jenn's birthday and yet I have seldom posted notes around April 16, Gabe's birthday. Why is that?  Part of it is because Jenn always makes a Thing about her B-day and has a party or at least a celebration that involves many people. Gabe does not, or at least not that I know of.  

Jenn and Gabe are so different in many ways and yet I know they are connected to each other in so many layers that I have no knowledge of.  (Sorry, that's a bad sentence in many ways but I simply cannot fix it right now.) They talk to each other more often than I know and for that I rejoice. To me they see the world in different ways but that just might be my Mom vision. Their kaleidoscopic views might  be more in sync than I know. 

There were two toddlers at Autocamp today that reminded me of Jenn and Gabe. Both kids were under the age of two but I could see that they were smart, adventurous, charming and soon to be trouble. Independent and yet reliant, in good ways. I was charmed by both of them. 

No wonder..... I have been mesmerized by both of my children since the moment they were born and it has never stopped. Charming, adventurous, smart and winsome. It doesn't get better than that. Not to mention generous, kind and helpful and loving.  YAY!!! 

xoxo


1 comment:

  1. Yes!!! Our children should read this. Yes? No? I am not sure.

    ReplyDelete