Sunday, August 10, 2014

August 10: A Whirlwind is Born

After talking to John, I was tempted to retitle this post "The Birth of a Ferrari" but decided to leave it as it is.

Forty one years ago John and I welcomed, with trepidation, our daughter into the world.  She came easily into this world, dark haired, squishy faced and she had a lusty, loud cry.  A week or so into the world her squishy face turned beautiful and Jennifer was a beautiful baby and a beautiful girl. She is  now a beautiful woman.

Jennifer was a bit "out of the box" from the beginning.  At the age of 18 months she would take everything off her toy shelf and reorganize it.  She started Montessori school when she was about 2 1/2 years old and was reading within a year.  At her fourth birthday party, she read all her birthday cards out loud to the kids who were impatiently waiting for cake.  When she was about six, John and I were a little nervous about her obvious intelligence.  We had some intelligence tests done, just to reassure ourselves she wasn't THAT smart.  She aced the tests.

Ups and downs.  Highs and lows. Yin and yang. Good and bad.  Contradictions defined Jennifer then and they define her now.  After forty one years, little about her surprises me except her continuous stream of energy.  And her incredible organizational skills.  And her talents.  And her kindness and her temper.  And her love and loyalty.  And so much more, now that I think about it. Never a dull moment with that girl, that's for sure.  It's a whirlwind, all the time.  (Well, except when we are sitting on the couch, dogs on our laps, watching some random TV show. Cool dullness, yes!)

Jennifer doesn't read this blog, but if she did she would read that I love her more today than ever and I admire her more than ever as well.  She confounds me but she comforts me, too.   She can make me swear and purr at the same time.  How she does that, I do not know.

Forty one years.  41 is a prime number.  I hope it's a prime year for her.

Happy Birthday, beautiful girl! Know your Momma loves you. And your Daddy does too. And so many more.....

LTBT.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment