Thursday, April 14, 2016

Mon passeport et ma vie aujourd'hui

In the French class I am taking on Thursdays after work, we come in with "le petite histoire" to read to the class.  Our little story can be about anything, what we did that day, how our garden looks, work, walkin0og the dog, or it can be a fictional account of anything.  The point is to write something and share it with the class.  (The class, by the way, is three people and a teacher, so there is time for all of us to share our petites histoires.)

Today mine was about finding my passports and looking at all the stamps and remembering all the countries I have visited.  "Il m'a fait plaisir" means "it made me happy" and it did.  I added up all the countries I have visited and the total is more than 18.  Wow. (Of course that includes the really small countries like the Vatican and San Marino, but of course they are their own countries and thus I was forced to count them.) As my little story noted, it made me want to buy a ticket, or je veux acheter un billet but I knew I had to wait.  It's time to renew my current passport, which I will do soon, and then it will be time to figure out where to go at the end of this year.  Somewhere old, somewhere new, I am not sure. I have some ideas, but I always have ideas of where to travel. There is never a shortage of ideas.

"Mon passeport et ma vie aujourd'hui."  I should let you all look it up but I will save you the trouble: "my passport and my life today."  I wish there was some cool add-on about my life today but other than work, French class, reading and making dinner and now watching some episodes of the current "House of Cards," that's about it.  Ma vie est boring, for the most part.  But my passports are not.  I consider that a saving grace.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment