Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Been away too long

I just published a post that I wrote two weeks ago about the fire.  I haven't written anything since that but here I am, back again.

Two things to discuss:  Thanksgiving in Oregon last Saturday night and debilitating pain in my leg.  Let's tackle the last one first.

On November 4,while walking my dog early in the morning, my left leg basically defied me and left me screaming in pain a block from my  house.  I am not a baby about pain, but this was 10+ on the pain scale. Every step I took was met with a scream. It took me ten  minutes to walk (hobble, limp) the last block.  Long story to short = Jenn took me to an appointment at 4:00 that afternoon to see a doctor.  He diagnosed a Bakers Cyst.  Fine, and I was told it should be less painful in a week or two. The pain did not get better, and my walking daily was reduced from about 5 miles a day to two blocks a day and even that was incredibly painful. 

Today, with twenty days of pain and more than three weeks from that previous appointment, I was in the osteo doctor's office, a woman whom I have seen before and one that I like and trust. She had a different diagnosis, one that she said was really painful.  Short story, I had two shots into my leg, one in my knee (not too painful) and one in the bursa below my knee which was incredibly painful. (I said FUCK several times on that injection.)  We will see if it helps. It better.

I know that this is personal and no one really cares about anyone else's medical stuff or pain or injections, so I am totally fine knowing that no one read this far.  It's just something I needed to get down on the page.

More on the trip to Oregon tomorrow. Or on Friday.

xo.

1 comment:

  1. No. Some people care. Diane just shared her story of getting a shot in the bursa sack in her shoulder. Yikes! 'Ouch' cannot describe it. Diane started sweating just relating her story. She truly empathizes. Get well.

    ReplyDelete