Wednesday, January 15, 2020

And with no book or movie reviews, here I am.

Just to get you up to date, me and Cooper are getting used to our new little abode. As you can see, Cooper has no problem sleeping on the couch, he is simply being a dog. As long as he gets his two walks in and his three poops in each day, all is well. I stay at Jenn and Dar's place on Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights and Cooper comes with me to work at 6:20 a.m. on Monday and Tuesday mornings. Oddly, he likes it!  And people like him being there. My manager Cathy says that as she walks up the steps to the clubhouse on Monday morning, she prepares herself to be disappointed if Cooper is not there. And when he is there, which is most Mondays, she is so, so happy. That's the effect he is having on Autocamp staff.




Everything else in my life is good right now, thanks for asking. We (me and Cooper) are adjusting to living in a more rural setting, we are enjoying walking in the county and state parks that are all around Glen Ellen and I am rearranging my mind to fit with my tiny living space. (Well, my mind has always been on the small side, so not a problem there.)  Since there is no place to hide anything in my cottage, everything needs to be put away in its own place. There are no doors to close on messes which means not leaving anything out of place. I don't succeed in this 100% of the time but it makes me aware of being a lot neater than I have been in the past ....69 years. 

Work is work. The hospitality industry means being nice and accommodating and I do it well but I am so tired of it all. But for the next year or two, it's what pays the rent, so I will continue to bite my tongue, continue to be gracious and hospitable and at the same time make my colleagues laugh at my sarcastic tone. 


2019 was a crappy year. 2020 could be better. Let's aim for that. Let's read a lot of books, see movies, listen to adventurous music choices, eat less meat-based meals, volunteer more, be kind always, talk to friends more and even talk to strangers now and then, cry when appropriate and laugh even when not appropriate. Just be kind. Please. Have faith and act on it. Donate time, money, goods. VOTE!  Speak out, speak up. Be hopeful and again, be kind.


OK, that's my January update for now.  


forest under white sky

No comments:

Post a Comment