Thursday, November 25, 2021

Thank you.

There are too many people to thank specifically, but there are an equal number of things to be thankful for.  Here are a few:  I am thankful for simply being alive at this moment and healthy.  I am thankful for the health of those I love (and even those I like) and for all the love that comes my way.  For being able to sit in a warm house with gingerbread muffins cooling on the table, for having enough money to live comfortably for this moment. For living in a beautiful area, in a lovely little cottage on an amazing property.  

My children, Jenn and Gabe, and their mates Dar and Annie, my world would not be half as good without them buzzing around my life. I am grateful for their love, their help and their advice, their criticism and their praise, for the future they want for me and for themselves. And my additional daughter Stacey who is a shining star to me. 

My siblings, as much as they might make me crazy at times, they also are part of my life foundation and therefore important in that genetic shorthand sort of way that only siblings can understand. Friends: old ones like Flip, whom I have loved since I was 18 years old, and new ones like Cath and Dawn and all the ones in the middle, Tom, Kara, Pat, John and Diane, and so many more. People who will call me when they need me because they know I will do the same. People I love, pure and simple.

I am thankful for the past and the present and I hope to be thankful for the future, although that sometimes looks dicey. I am so grateful for all the traveling that came my way, all the countries and cities I have seen and hope to see again.  (Paris has been calling me recently, like a siren, urging me to walk its streets again soon. I need to answer that call.)

Bottom line, thank you to the universe for letting me have such an abundant amount of things to be thankful for.  (Bad grammar!) 

Be grateful, be kind, be happy.  




No comments:

Post a Comment