Saturday, October 26, 2013

Oh, my goodness, TELEVISION!

Spending the evening at Gabe's house in Daly City, just me and the dogs and the TV!  What an amazing invention!  In my Santa Rosa home we don't have broadcast TV, just streaming stuff through my lovely little purple Roku device, which I totally love, but now and then I miss the entire television experience.  (Not enough to pay for it, mind  you.)  

So an afternoon and an evening like this, with nothing but 200 channels and the two dogs, makes me happy.  I don't have to go anywhere, I don't need to be nice to hotel strangers, I can drink and not worry about driving and I can indulge in the stupidest television watching without anyone, except the three of you who read this, knowing. 

So here is what I have watched today, and feel free to not read this, but it so amuses me.  Some of the following:  Aliens, Ghostbusters (so good), Ferris Bueller's Day Off (ditto), Will and Grace, Modern Family, Iron Chef, Pawn Stars, Red Sox vs Cardinals, 30 Rock, Law and Order, Lydia's Kitchen, Restaurant Impossible, Zombie Apocalypse, Knocked Up, Donut Showdown, Alaska State Troupers, Chopped, and some things I blocked out of my conscious mind.  I did not watch any of Sexy Adult Toy Shopper.  Just that title made me gag a little bit.

So, for all those people who say there is nothing on TV, that it is a wasteland of talent and taste, that it's a total waste of time, I can easily say that they are both right and wrong.  There is always something to watch, and while that something might be crap, it can still be entertaining.  And if it isn't entertaining, you can turn it off and go for a walk!  I honestly believe that after this almost 8 hour marathon crap-fest of television, I have had my fill and can give it up for another six months.  Thankfully.   Although watching some major league baseball was a treat. Thankfully.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment