Saturday, October 12, 2013

Technologically alive, for the moment

Look at this, back in print!  My friend Tom loaned me a little laptop and here I am, wasting no time in spewing my blogness out over the air waves.  Or the web waves, I suppose would be more accurate.  I will have to solve this computer dilemma eventually, but for now this little device will suffice. 

There is only one thing to talk about right now and that is the weather.  It is autumn.  It is autumn in the wine country which means beauty and diffused sunlight and golden vineyards and the smell of crushed grapes heavy and dense and luscious.  On the way to work there is one spot along Hwy. 12 that smells of nothing but grapes, and I always roll down the windows and drink that smell in. It's no wonder why this time of year is so busy in the lodging business.  Who wouldn't want to be out here now? 

The nights are getting chilly, the days are cooling down a bit, the light in the sky is like a Monet painting and leaves crunch underfoot.  After a long, hot summer, this is quite nice.  Bring it on!

A couple of books to report on, two movies and some good eats to follow.  Stay tuned.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment