Friday, March 21, 2014

A week later......

... and where does the time go?  Honestly.  It's what happens when you work every day, you forget to keep track of days and before you know it, ZAP!  Another week has been eaten up with the mundane, the trivial and the unimportant.

Work is fine but oh, so boring. I know, I know, I have blown this horn before but it still is boring. Meet and Greet, that's about all it is, plus some computer stuff and making up lists of things people might want to do on the rare chance that they come to the wine country but do not want to taste or drink wine.  Which leads me to not even want to talk to them, much less help them find "something different" to do.  My response usually borders on the snippy:  "Well, what sort of different are you looking for?"  How can I know what they classify as different?  A walk in the woods might be different enough.  Or not. Blah, blah, blah.

I think I am already tired of being nice to strangers, day in and day out.  And it's not even April yet. 8 more months of this. Happiness abounds.

My living situation seems to be in a bit of a state of change as well, something that might not be a bad idea.  Perhaps mothers and daughters were not meant to live together after the teenage years.  It's impossible to pretend to be "roommates" when what we are is family.  With a lot of history, which of course all families have, but which does not help promote peace and calm.  Ah well, if I move in the next couple of months, it will be merely the seventh place I have lived in since November 2010.  Seven in less than 4 years.  What joy.

But it's Friday night and it is an actual Friday night for me, which means I have the weekend off!  How odd is that? I am going to Carmichael tomorrow to visit my Mom and I am treating myself by staying overnight in a Real Hotel.  A Hyatt Hotel, no less, not even a Travelodge.  A hotel with a big, fluffy king bed and a cocktail lounge (!) and a real TV with actually broadcast television shows (too bad it's not baseball season) and no dog!  Cheap, too, since it's the weekend and it's a Sacramento type business hotel.  I am very excited.  I will make strangers at the front desk be nice to ME for a change.  Maybe I will ask them to plan "something different" for me........

Books:  don't bother to read the new book by Isabelle Allende.  It's called "Ripper" and it's stupid.  Seriously.  It's almost like a "Twilight" sort of story but with serial killers instead of vampires.  Please.

Onward.......

No comments:

Post a Comment