Wednesday, October 22, 2014

and more bar-hopping was done!

On Friday, my friend Pat joined me late in the afternoon and what does one do in SF on a Friday afternoon?  Join everyone else for cocktails!  We visited several nice establishments, had several nice cocktails, some food at one bar, more at another, a nightcap at another.  Great night to be in the city, no jacket needed.

It was a realization for me that I don't play enough. I work too much at a job that is so unimportant except for the measly paycheck.  Being in SF for two days and not being at work made me very aware that for the last 6 months I have taken very little time off to just enjoy the day. Therefore, once this year is over and my work schedule is once again up for restructuring, I will restructure it so I get some days off, more than one a week.  At some point in one's life, unless one is saving lives, work is just work.  It isn't the point. As the saying goes "never mistake having a career with having a life."

On Saturday night Gabe and Annie took me to this most excellent restaurant, Frances, on a neighborhood street near the Castro.  Small place, deliciously innovative food and wine, we all licked our respective plates.  Slept overnight in Daly City, left Sunday morning to meet Stacey and Sam and Henry and Jenn at the Santa Rosa pumpkin patch for kid time. Got pumpkins. 

What a good three days. City, Giants, friends, family, food, kids and pumpkins.  What more does one need?  Just more of the above.......

.

No comments:

Post a Comment