Monday, November 3, 2014

Something of everything

I could talk about those Giants but everything has been said.  What a run!  What a win!  What a last game!  Oh Buster, Madison, Bruce, Pablo and all the rest. Thank you, Giants, you beautiful team, thank you. 

Weather:  yeah!  It was so cold in my house this morning that I turned the heat on, the first time …… in what seems like a year.  It was lovely, sleeping last night under a real blanket, feeling the cold air (windows open, of course) on my face and loving every minute of that cold air.  Driving through Sonoma Valley right now is like living in a Monet painting:  low sun, the light in the sky shimmers with a creamy, golden sheen, the grape vines dance with color and the air still smells like rotting grapes, in a good way.  In two weeks those vines will be screaming with bold, crazy color. It's a good time to be alive, in the fall.

And then yesterday I read this article in the NY Times and I almost yelled out loud!  This is me!  Andrew O'Hagan perfectly describes my love of hotel rooms, even hotel rooms close to home.  The anonymity of a sterile yet friendly room, the lack of personal stuff scattered around, the nice towels, the TV channels, the opportunity for room service and on and on.  Now, the places I stay are nothing like staying at Claridge's in London, but hey, we take what we can afford and enjoy it immensely.  At least I do.  Check it out:  http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/10/21/a-hotel-room-of-ones-own/

I will make another trip to Sacramento this week to set up a Life-Alert device for the old Mom. It won't prevent her from falling but at least it might get someone to her quicker once she falls again, which she will do.  Seriously, folks, it's a mess getting old.  Let's not do it. Thelma and Louise were not too far off in steering over that  cliff.  

More to follow, soon enough.  

.



No comments:

Post a Comment