Thursday, December 11, 2014

Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer and Tom Selleck

I know, I said I would write about Eugene, and I will.  Later.

Am I the only person who loves getting the TJ Flyer in the mail?  Could I be the only person who sits down with a glass of wine and goes over every page?  It's so odd, I am not a buyer of stuff, but sometimes, like in this flyer, almost every single thing looks really, really good.  This is the holiday version so there are lots of tasty small bits, candy, cheese, crackers.  I want to take this flyer into Trader Joe's and buy almost everything they describe.

And it isn't like they are great writers, not like the old Peterman Catalogs from 20 years ago where the writers told a story that was so intriguing that it MADE you buy the product.  (Well, the "Seinfeld" show made short shrift of that notion.)  But for some reason, the TJ flyer picks things that I want at that very moment.  Caramels. Crackers. Frozen things that I want to have in my oven RIGHT NOW!  Kale and spinach dip. It goes on and on.

Of course, they have some things that sound terrible as well, and I thank my lucky stars I am discerning enough to be able to tell that those few things are never going to be bought by me.  Unless they are giving out free samples in the store and I taste it and then I love it and then I must have it.  But that rarely happens.

And now, on to Tom Selleck. Yes, I know you thought he would be wrapped up in the Trader Joe's Flyer commentary but, no.  I am now totally into the series "Blue Bloods" starring, of course, Tom Selleck. He is the Police Commissioner in NYC (in case you didn't know) and hey, just saying, there is something about the old TS that appeals to me. OK, probably because I am sort of old as well. He is actually 5 years older than me (but looks, oh so much younger than his 69 years!) so it's not like I have a crush on some 30 year old.  But yes, I totally enjoy watching him.  I think I had a blog post a year or so ago about his "Jesse Stone" series, so this fascination  fixation  like of Tom Selleck is nothing new.  If you haven't seen the show, check it out. It's free on Netflix, of course.

OK, I will report on Eugene, Oregon and the Tree Trimming Extravaganza tomorrow.  Promise.

And how about this lovely rain?  Hope everyone is safe and no trees fell on you during the reading of this blog.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment