Sunday, November 15, 2015

This not walking is killing my knees.

The Small Dog Cooper has had some sort of muscle strain in one of his back legs which has limited his ability to go for walks.  Since I retrieved him from Gabe and Annie's after my short trip to Hawaii, he has been limping around on three legs.  Giving him pain meds (for dogs) has helped a bit, at least he can pee and poop without falling over on his bad leg.  (Which was a bit amusing, I must say.)  But it has made our walking in the morning a non-issue.

And as much as it pisses Cooper off that he can't go out, it is friggin killing me!  My knees hurt way more now than they have in a long time and I know it's because I am not walking the two miles plus every day. How lame is that?!  (Pun intended.)  

Just today, after more than a week, Coop is limping less so it means we can take short walks now.  He walked around the block mostly on four legs, some on three legs.  But when we got to the park, I let him off the leash and he joyfully ran around like a little dog!  I hope his recovery continues or else I am going to need a walker to get around.  I had not realized how much the 45 minutes of walking in the morning benefited me as well as the Small Cooper Dog. Now I know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment