Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Has it been more than two weeks?

And if that's the case, why hasn't anyone reminded me to write the fucking blog?  I depend on the two or three of you out there who read this to poke me with that sharp stick now and then and yet you have all slacked off, have had better things to do, have simply ignored my need to be poked and wandered away, looking at clouds or sniffing flowers or sipping tea or wine or something and did not give one small hoot about me here, waiting to be poked, waiting to be prodded.  Well, gosh, thanks guys.  Huh.  Guess I know which side my pokey stick is stuck on. 

There is no excuse for your non-poking just as there is little for mine not writing. I could blame the past holiday weekend, chaos at the hotel, needy guests, absent owners, falling trees and crying babies but none of that is relevant.  I could blame all those crazy Valentine's Day proposals I received which took up all of my time not responding to but we would all know that was a lie.  Bottom line, time simply zipped away on some slippery thread and I didn't have enough time to connect with the blog thing. Well, I probably did have time  but I didn't make the best use of what time there was and.... on and on and on.  So, there you have it.

I had, thanks for asking, a spectacular Valentine's weekend. Some people think of it as President's Holiday weekend because some (i.e. most) people get to have a Holiday weekend because of some President but I like to think of this past weekend as the Weekend of Love and San Valentino. Who really cares about dead presidents?  But we all care about hearts and flowers and chocolate and broken promises and getting drunk on champagne and saying mean things and then making up in the morning over toast and eggs.  My San Valentino Extravaganza was spent at the small hotel where I work, waiting on hungover folks who turned green when I offered them a glass of free sparkling wine with their toast and eggs.  That was a highlight of my weekend, let me tell you!

And the weather! Who can complain about anything when the temps soar to 85 degrees here in Santa Rosa on Sunday and we are in the 4th year of a drought? So sunny, so lovely, so scary.  Flowers that don't bloom until the end of April have already bloomed and are now dying on their stalks because it has been so warm.  How can any of that be good?  The guests at the hotel, many from the East Coast and from places like Switzerland and Germany are jumping up and down about this weather and they get a little pissed off when I don't have the happy face about it all. When I say something like "yes, it is lovely, but for us it's a bit frightening" they turn their faces away from that fire and smile at the sky.  But it's all good. I smile and nod.

Ah, I think that's the end of my rant this evening. Thanks for listening.  If the above sounds cynical, just consider the source.  If you know me, you know that.

.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I will now go look for my pokey stick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I could say something about that but no.......

    ReplyDelete