Sunday, January 15, 2017

Do you feel like growling? Snarling? Claws out?

Does anyone else feel like that? Just off centered, sort of mean, nasty spirited, but not wanting to be? Is it the fool moon?  (Or I guess that would be full moon, but 'fool' is what came out of my fingers on these keys and I am leaving that alone.)  All this crap from Washington, the tweets, the slamming of incredible people like John Lewis, the dissing of any remarks that are contrary to what the new POTUS believes, and I think the acronym is now Person Of The Utmost Stupidity.  I don't want to think of him as Pres of the US, so to me he will be that other POTUS, the one I just invented.

If there was something else on my mind I would share it with you but everything else on my mind is equally as puzzling. Puzzling in that way of "what the fuck?" because it's simply stupid and there is no way of making sense of it all. Work is lame and the guests right now are either really nice and fun or really dickheads and too much work. Books bore me unless they drag me in to where I want to do nothing but read and not sleep or eat. (More about one of those tomorrow.)  Movies, the same. Either they suck or they are awesome, and few are awesome and many suck. Food, the same. Wine, the same.  It's a time of very good vs very bad and my attitude is that it doesn't much matter which one I get, I am not happy with either. But right now, in this week, maybe in this month, everything seems gray. Or grey. Nothing stands out, nothing is captivating, nothing seems to matter.

I am not depressed or sad or melancholy. (Well, OK, a bit melancholy.) It is less of a mental state than more of an entire body funk. Like a huge moment of let-down, but no reason for that let-down to even exist. It can't be the weather since the weather has been so perfect:  a lot of rain and wind and drama and then some sun and then, today, major fog and cold and then a bit of sun and some more rain coming up. Winter!  YAY! 

But the malaise still hangs there, like a stained bathroom curtain, not really important but ugly to look at and impossible to tear down. It's almost better to turn one's head, not acknowledge its existence and step away.

Ah, we will see what the week brings. I will report  back. Soon. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the new acronym for POTUS.......Person Of The Utmost Stupidity!

    ReplyDelete