Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Paul Simon and Joan Baez, hello?

For reasons that are obvious, one needs to acknowledge the power of the internet and especially the immediate joy of sites like Youtube. Archival footage of Johnny Cash singing on Ed Sullivan's show with Bob Dylan, way before we even knew who they were. Diagrams and instructions of how to rewire your car sound system or make a new fob for that key you just lost. How to make bread. Ways to train your kid to sleep through the night or how to train  your dog not to bark at the mail delivery person, aka mailman.

But my favorite is watching music stuff (see above, Cash and Dylan). Tonight I watched Joan Baez and Paul Simon sing "The Boxer" on a stage in New York, just about a year ago. Two of my favorite singers and writers, both born in 1941 (who knew?), incredible on stage and amazing together. This is why Youtube is important.  Well, at least to me.  

Skip the ads but check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fB-8Wr6a-8


Check out so much more, all those old singers, you can relive your love of them in concert or just singing. I wish we had videos from the late 1960's when I first saw performers like Gordon Lightfoot (with his halo of blond hair) and Joan Baez and John Stewart (with his sexy bravado) and Stevie Nicks (!) and so many more. Now we can find them and see them on the TV screen.... makes me want to stay up all night and sing along and dance!

OK, back to getting my nostalgic grove on, which basically means listening to old songs and getting weepy.

sniff.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment