Saturday, June 25, 2011

In love

With the exception of my kids, my daughter-in-law and the Sam's parents, I really can't think of anyone I love more than Sam.  Sorry siblings, sorry friends. There is something about a 15 month old boy that surpasses everyone else.  He says something that sort of resembles my name and I take it to be his declaration of love for me.  Not to mention the fact that as he saw me tonight (hey, it's been at least two weeks since we last met) his face broke into a huge grin and he ran at me and jumped in my lap (it helped that I was sitting on the ground) and actually hugged me!  I swooned. I got to sit next to him at the dinner table and he told me, in no uncertain words, how he really wasn't a fan of the zucchini but the steak and garlic bread were outstandingly delicious.  He also told me, sotto voce, that while his Mom and Dad were usually really good cooks, this squash phase they were in right now was not working for him.  To illustrate his point, he discreetly dropped the zucchini on the floor. 

Later in the evening he invited me to watch him in the bath and he let me play with some of his toys.  I also was an invited guest to his secret reading room and unlike most nights when just his Dad reads to him, tonight it was Dad and Mom and me on the bed with Sam, reading and playing.  Sigh.  I am totally charmed by this small person.  Charmed and bewitched.  In love.

Here he is.  Eat your hearts out, he's mine, not yours!  (And yes, I realize this is a rather goofy post, but hey, what can I say?  He's so cool!)






How could any woman not love this! The clogs alone are heartbreakingly attractive.

.






.

2 comments:

  1. Loved loved loved this post... I just wish Sam could join you on your adventures in TX!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah sigh. how we love you. especially your Sam! have a great time in Tejas and give JG a big sloppy wet kiss and hug from Sam. and us too :) ltbt

    ReplyDelete