Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuscon, AZ

Cooper and I left Lakewood, CA this morning at 5:30, drove until 2:30 today and got a room. Not a nice room, but a room and it has AC, which is quite important because it is 108 degrees outside right now.  And windy.  It's awful..... we go out for 5 minutes so Cooper can pee and by the time we get back in the room, my clothes are hot, like I just took them out of a hot clothes dryer.  I don't think I have ever experienced heat like this.  I am very sure that I don't like it.

We will leave really early tomorrow morning as well.  The hottest part of the day is from 3 - dusk, and I hate to be driving at that time.  I don't know how cars survive heat like this.  And to think that people actually CHOOSE to live in Arizona, in this weather. 

I did notice a rather bizarre phenomenon today while trying to stay awake along the mind-numbing Hwy. 10.  While I was checking out the shredded tires along the shoulder of the road I began to notice an abundance of plastic bottles partly filled with orange liquid.  The bottles weren't all the same kind but I was noticing way more bottles with orange liquid than with any other.  In fact, in about a three miles stretch of highway I probably saw at least 50 such bottles.  Then, for another ten miles or so, not so many.  And then another lot of them, on both sides of the road, randomly tossed, but so many with orange liquid in them.  What gives?  I have no idea.  And why half full?  Why not totally full or empty?   Why orange?   Baffling.

More tomorrow, as we go through New Mexico and into Texas.  I wish I could say "hopefully it will be cooler"  but I am fairly certain that is not gonna happen.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment