Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Prodigal Daughter Returns!

Well, she isn't really a prodigal daughter but she is returning from her banishment in Texas!!!  Hurray!!!  Jennifer should be back in California by the first of March.  For the last two weeks my job has been to scout out places for her to live, either by herself or us together.  It was a sad task because most of the housing we could afford was really quite sub-standard: bad neighborhoods, car parts all over the yards, neglected houses, all depressing.  And most are handled by property management businesses and they want a pint of blood with the application and they rarely take dogs.  When they do take dogs, the list of the breeds they will NOT take is as long as a Golden Retriever's tail.

I did, however, find a cute little duplex in Healdsburg that Jenn just secured after talking to the landlord.  Two bedrooms, two small baths, a large living-dining-kitchen room with lots of light, a small patio and a separate yard for growing vegetables in the summer.  Walking distance to town, a great neighborhood and I think Jenn will like Healdsburg.  It is daunting to pick new living quarters for anyone, and even more so for my daughter.  (Enough said right there.)  But I am hoping it works for her.  I know I would be happy moving in there, I think she will be as well.

It's going to be very nice having her back in California, with her lovely dog Bebe.  Fifteen minutes from where I live, close enough for lots of visits and still far apart so we don't drive each other crazy.  She is excited and so am I.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment