Tuesday, January 1, 2013

So it begins.

Happily, hopefully.  At least so far.  But that's a given, we are only a handful of hours into this one, it's easy to pretend it is starting off on a good note.

Personally, I have hopes and fears and confusion about this new one, 2013.  Last year some really crappy stuff happened and that cannot happen again.  But we don't know; badness can repeat itself as easily as goodness.  We can hope for good but it is just a wish, no guarantees.

Some things in 2012 still create in me a desire for revenge, and so I hope 2013 brings black rain to all unscrupulous business owners out there who show little sensitivity and less respect to their employees.  It would be nice to not get layed off this year, but I am getting use to not having steady work and will begin a new course of action if this current job doesn't pan out.  Proactive, as they say.  At least that's what I am planning on the first day of the year.  By February 1st I might be reactive.  Or inactive.  We'll see.  I would like no terrible, unnecessary deaths this year to people I love.  I want no grief this year yet I am prepared should it appear.   Jon Carroll recently wrote: "Pain makes more pain easier to bear. .....  When you come up for air, when you begin to see the sky again, you are better prepared for the next load of grief fate will send your way."  

My new year resolutions are to eat more lettuce and eat less chicken.  If I could resolve to get more money in my bank account this year, I would, but I fear that is a resolution partly out of my control. But I will strive for it nonetheless.

It is cliched to wish for peace and kindness but we still  need to make that wish. Be kind. Be nice.  It would be better if acting that way helped in a big way but maybe just small ways are what we should aim for.  

Bottom line, I hope your start to the new year is a little more uplifting than mine. Mine is a bit too dense, even for me.  It will lighten up, eventually.  

Be careful.  Be kind. Try to be good.  Stay away from the edges of the cliffs at all times.  And good luck to all of us in 2013. 


.

No comments:

Post a Comment