Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Too long, I admit, but still.....

Honestly, I have so little to say these days. It's amazing, if I am on the road, or on vacation or even just spending the night in an adjacent town, I have lots of things to say.  I can rattle on and on, jotting down thoughts and opinions and random observations and I never get tired of it.  But in the midst of the day-to-day routine that we all experience, I have nothing to say. It's simply boring.

(I do have a movie to tell you about but I will put that in a separate blog. No need to spoil this one with something decent.)

I appreciate anyone who tunes into this channel now and then and I apologize for the black and white static, like we use to get on television after regularly scheduled broadcast shows ended.  It's sort of like that..... the regularly scheduled broadcast doesn't have anything running right now.

What I need is a road trip. Or an airplane trip.  Or a train trip.  An acid trip, not so much, but even that might break up the ennui.  What I will get will not be on the road or a plane or a train, but more of the same: work, come home, sleep.  Rinse and repeat.  

It's no wonder I like to go home and have a cocktail or some whiskey neat. It sort of blurs the edges of the day. That's not always a good thing, of course, and too much blurring gets to be a habit. But still, sometimes it's the high point of my day and I shock even myself by admitting that. Don't tell anyone.  

Alright, that's enough of this nonsense.  I do have a couple of ideas of "what to do when I grow up" that I have been tossing around inside the narrow hallways of my mind. Yes, I know I need to do more than tossing those ideas, I need to set them up in residence.  Will keep you posted if you promise not to laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment