Friday, March 27, 2015

I may be anti-social but I'm no faery dreamcatcher lady!

The roommate dilemma:  the thought of living with strangers makes my stomach hurt.  Coming home and having some stranger in my kitchen, cooking their vegan kale tofu lactose and gluten free chili and chanting to the healing spirits is hard to envision.  Reading through some of the "room wanted" posts on craigslist is a bit frightening. Honestly, here are some bits I have encountered:

I like to study and craft medicinal potions, create dreamcatchers from foraged forest treasures, practice yoga, dance ecstatically, etc

I have been unhealthy, and that's why I don't have money. I owe my dad a lot of money, so he doesn't want to help me financially.

..... having surgery for nerve damage during this time.

Need a place to live and grow medical marijuana as soon as I get my license to grow and sell.

I have a clay oven-ehem- "clay oven" (aka toaster oven), which I use to bake my polymer clay dolls and creature sculptures.

 I am a face painter, a sparkly illustrated faery lady.

 

I could go on but I won't.  Yes, there are some normal sounding people out there too, but I just don't think I can do the whole roommate thing. Plus, I would need at least two of them, two total strangers, most of them arriving with pets in tow, all of them as strange and eccentric as I am. Imagine sitting down to watch "Sons of Anarchy" with a faery lady who lists, as the most influential movies in her life "The Neverending Story" and "The Last Unicorn."  Seriously, I could not make that up.

I talk all day long, it's part of my job, talking to guests.  In person and on the phone, blah, blah, blah.  When I come home I say 'hello' to the dogs, walk them and then enjoy the fact that I don't have to converse with them. I like it that way. I read all the time. All. The. Time. I read way more than I watch TV and thus I talk way less than I watch TV. (Well, to be truthful, I often talk to the TV but we don't need to discuss that.  I also sometimes talk to the book I am reading. Ditto on that.)  If I need conversation, I pick up the phone and call someone.  Every week or so I meet up with a friend and that satisfies my social needs for a few days.

But, but, but......  with the rental market out there as dismal as a diaper in a dumpster, I may have to take in borders.  Or become one myself. It's a thought that gives me shivers.  I suppose I should start fashioning dreamcatchers out of found objects and see if can nab that perfect roommate before the faery lady spirits her away.  Just as soon as my plans to grow medical marijuana in your backyard have solidifed....

.

No comments:

Post a Comment