Monday, April 27, 2015

More on the roommate quest

Several people have now come to see the house and some of them actually want to live here!  A couple of them seem fine, and I will probably sign one up in the next few days. I am thinking of doing it on a 3 month trial basis, see if we get along, if I can stand it, if neither of us stabs the other in the eye with a fork.

It is obvious to me that I really don't want a roommate, of course.  I want to live alone.  I want my own space, my own peace and quiet, my own solitude.  We all know I am somewhat of a hermit and that's the way I like it. But financially it makes more sense to stay here and pay half the rent on the house instead of moving and paying an extra $350 per month for a tiny little apartment.

But still.......  having to reconfigure my lifestyle for the sake of money bugs me.  Yes, it's what we all have to do during our lives, but I don't have to want it.  I want what I want.  The fact that I can't have what I want is really not even a topic of conversation, except in my own head.

Right now the house is very clean and Jenn has been gone for the weekend so it is very quiet.  I like it very much.

More to follow, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment