Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Oh Joy! A roommate parade!

Yes, the quest for a place to live continues. I have driven past so many substandard houses/apartments that it makes me want to puke. I have seen the inside of at least a dozen places and there are only a few I would want to live in, although I have applied to many.  $1350 for a small one bedroom, crappy kitchen with a 1970's electric stove ("And will that be upgraded?" No.  "What about the cabinets, will they be repainted?"  No.  "Oh, and the countertop, they will replace that, right, it's so stained."  No.) But hey!  There's new carpet!

So this Sunday I am emailing all the peeps who responded to my craigslist posting about sharing this house and telling them they have an hour to check out the premises. From 4 - 5, that's it.  Bring your list of credentials and if you like it, get back to me.  I have no idea how to do this otherwise.  I don't want to set up 8 different appointments and deal with 8 different sets of questions and have the dog park at 8 different faces.  So I will tell them to bring the basics: references, job details, name, address, SSN, blah, blah. We'll see if anyone shows up. I am thinking of asking Steve to be here then, just in case there's a confrontation or some pushy person who wants to be first and starts mouthing off.  I doubt that will happen but still, it might be good to have more than me here.

But seriously, what the fuck do I know about all this?  Nothing. I am still reeling from the fact that I have to even consider a roommate, some stranger in my house, touching my stuff, using my kitchen, some guy jerking off in my shower (well, hey, lets be real here) and over-using the water and whining because the house is cold.....

Sigh, it might not be like that.  It might be fine. It will be fine.  It will be good. I will like it and all will be well.

Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment