Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Maple Syrup Sunset

Yes, I know those three words, maple + syrup + sunset don't go together but the sunset just now was so incredibly gorgeous and familiar in a nostalgic way that maple syrup came to mind.  Be glad I didn't toss in 'bacon' along the way.

Reading over my earlier post of today, I want to almost apologize for the tone of part of it.  When I was talking about applying for a new place to live, turning in my applications for cottages, it sounded like I was whining. (Actually, yes, I was whining.)  "Oh, sad me, these mean landlord/owners/managers are being so harsh, not granting me what a I want!"  What a crock.  They have the right to do whatever they want, it's their property.  I am simply an applicant (and sometimes a supplicant) and trying to be hopeful.  It came off whining.  Sorry about that.

I am one of the lucky ones. As my good friend Stacey reported, only one in three people, pretty much around the world, have working toilets.(See it here:  http://time.com/3942630/toilets-who-unicef-report/)  Thus, what do I have to whine about?  NOTHING!

It always amazes me that when I flush the toilet, the poop goes away.  We lucky few do not have to worry about where it goes, it just zips down that drain and out of our lives.  No more "Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo" for us, no matter how nice that poo is. To think about the above article, to really understand the ramifications of open defecation which is practiced in a lot of the world, means to 100% bow our collective heads at the power of septic and sewage treatments.

Enough said.  I stick with the heat and the CICGC part of the previous post because part of that is worth checking out but I take back all the whining parts of the looking for a new place to live.  Except the part about seeing places for rent that I would not let a snake inhabit. Seriously.  Rats, yes.  A poisonous snake, OK.  But a nice, harmless garter or gopher snake, no way. Substandard is substandard for all living creatures unless those creatures are either substandard (like rats) or harmful to us, like those killer snakes.  Otherwise, bring it up to code!

that's all.  Except one more thing:  Spinster Sisters here in SR: a glass of cold dry Chenin Blanc, some perfect fries, the local newspaper and a good friend = a lovely evening.  Great restaurant, great wine list, great french fries.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment