Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Hot Roommate Comedy

First, I know I have mentioned this before, but if you haven't watched any of "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" you should.  Jerry Seinfeld hosts it, so you sort of need to like him to like the show.  You can watch it on your computer or, if you do the Roku thing, it is on Crackle.  This one is particularly good, two really smart men being very funny.  Check it out: http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/bill-maher-the-comedy-team-of-smug-and-arrogant

The heat:  there is nothing to say except Global Warming.  Hot, hot, hot.  The Santa Rosa house has not one leaf of shade, so once it gets hot, it stays hot.  It was 86 in the house when I got home last night at 9:00 and it was 76 this morning at 6:30.  Fans on all night, went to sleep in a wet tank top.  Hot, hot, hot.  Oh well, at least there is running water, no head lice and I can sit outside until 10:00 and read a bit on the patio.  It was nice OUTSIDE, just not INSIDE.

A couple of young women are sort of interested in being a roommate and separately, I have put in applications on three  cottages in the area.  The problem I have is that my income is so low that I usually get disqualified right up front.  Most places want you to have an income of three times the rent, which would mean grossing over $3500 a month and I make way less than that.  I show them my investment statement which has a small chunk of money it in and that sometimes helps but not often.  Even with ZERO debt, no outstanding credit card balances,  no loans, no loan sharks, perfect landlord references, really high credit score, it's very difficult to qualify for one of these 400 square foot, overpriced cottages. Or they like me but they don't take dogs.  Or they like me and they take dogs but it's a place I wouldn't let a snake live in. However,  I remain hopeful and positive, the above sentences  notwithstanding.  Either a cottage will appear, an apartment will appear or a roommate will appear. Obviously, I am waiting for an apparition and I am confident one will show itself to me!

OK, back to work, there are hungry hotel guests waiting for their crispy poached egg on a bed of summer succotash and house made sausage.  Isn't customer service grand!!!


.


No comments:

Post a Comment