Sunday, October 18, 2015

What? My ears have failed me? A chicken farm?

I started watching the continuation of "Longmire", season 4, a series I really like.  Modern day cowboy played by the discreetly sexy Robert Taylor, not just a cowboy but a cop as well in the Big Sky territory of what could be Montana or Wyoming but really, who the fuck cares where it is, just in a sort of still-cowboy territory. Episode 1 of season 4 begins...  some stuff happens, and then there's that part where they sort of roll some credits but it's just the intro music, etc.  And here is what I hear: the whole world's sitting on a chicken farm, the whole world's sitting on a chicken farm (and while I hear this, I am thinking it's a little odd) so keep your calm, carry on, the whole world's sitting on a chicken farm.  The sun may never rise again. The sea will roll, the sky will fall (which sort of goes with the chicken farm theme, I vaguely think, like Chicken Little and the sky is falling but still, sort of a strange theme song) the sun may never rise again.  The cyborg has begun (and I think where the hell did that come from, cyborgs in Montana?) and some more.....  and then the chorus again, the whole world's sitting on a chicken farm.  But then it hits me, much clearer:  the whole world's sitting on a TICKING BOMB!  Not a chicken farm!  Oh what relief!  No chicken farms....  just a stupid ticking bomb!  And all this time I have missed the sexy Robert Taylor, aka Longmire, walking sexily across the plain waving a gun. Thank goodness for rewind, or on Netflix it's not really a rewind, it's just the back arrow.

It just goes to show what you hear is not always what you hear.

.

1 comment:

  1. Damn! It is a bitch to get old. Sorry to say I have turned to the closed caption option on my TV too often lately. But I must say I look forward to "chicken farms" much more than "ticking bombs". Thanks for giving me a good laugh this morning.

    ReplyDelete