Friday, June 29, 2018

My Farmer's Tan, on my ankles!!!

It is sadly true: I have white ankles and white feet.  This was not apparent to me until today when I went shopping for some short, light-weight pants to wear to work.  We can wear jeans to work but in this 95 degree weather jeans are just too heavy.

Standing in that depressingly unflattering dressing room, I was shocked, shocked I tell you, to see that my legs from the knees down are tannish until the area where my short socks would be.  Then my feet are as white as mayonnaise! 

Since my knee surgery five months ago, I have been very careful about wearing good walking shoes and  those shoes need socks. Short socks, but socks nonetheless and socks and shoes obviously prevent skin from tanning. It looks very silly, but there's not much to do for it other than begin wearing flip-flops more often when I walk the dog.

Sigh. The things you notice in department store dressing rooms. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment