Thursday, November 29, 2018

Another random day in Paris

The random days in Paris are often the best, which is true of a lot of life. Unplanned and unmoored means (sometimes) that there will be few expectations and thus little disappointment.  The distaff side of that is also true, of course, no expectation means little excitement which can have its own problematic outcome.

The flight into Paris yesterday was rather turbulent but since statistics show that planes don't normally crash because of turbulence I am less afraid of it than I was in the past. The plane was pretty full but because of my wileyness about airplane seating, I was able to snag three seats to myself and I had no guilt about not sharing them. I read two junky books, watched one movie, slept for about an hour and voila! In Pàris I was.

My flat is fine, smaller than it looked inline (isn't that always the case?) but it has a great view, which I will try to figure out how to share with you.

It had been years since I visited Musee D'Orsay and it had a couple of special exhibits so I spent a couple of hours there and had an excellent lunch in the cafe there and how much more boring can this be? Seriously, no one wants to read about my lunch, nor does anyone want to read about Special Exhxibits at a museum in France! What was I thinking? Sorry about that.

The thing about coming back to a place you have been to more than a dozen times is that you know it is going to be boring and repetitive at some point. One doesn't want that to happen to anything one loves but it can, and then you get divorced. A person gets pissed off at whatever got boring but the bottom line is that EVERYTHING and EVERYONE gets boring at some point and  to avoid divorce you need to spice things up a bit, change costumes or venues or try a new cuisine or something.

 I am not going to wear a French maid costume or anything but since I know this town pretty well, I am going to try and see new places here. I wish I could say I will overcome my fear of being buried alive and go visit the Catacombs but that will not happen. Today, instead of taking the Metro, I walked a lot, more than 20,000 steps (7 + miles ) and my knees feel it. It was a lovely day for walking, temp around 55, partly sunny and There I Go Again, launching into boredom!

It is close to 11:00 pm, time for a cookie and and another glass of supermarket Bordeaux. Hey, at less than $10.00 US dollars, it's good stuff! Snobby Californians denigrated Merlot for so long, not realizing that it is the backbone of Bordeaux wines and the cornerstone of my drinking habit at this moment.

Please excuse any strange spelling or punctuation. I am using a friend's iPad and it is so touchy and a bit idiosyncratic, like me and many I know. (Thanks, Margaret for the iPad loan.)  I will try and get photos on here, stay tuned.

Bonne nuit!




2 comments:

  1. Not boring! I love it, and am so glad you're there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you wanting boring? what time is check in? a thousand times over!!

    ReplyDelete