Saturday, February 9, 2019

So much to say that never leaves the deep recesses of my brain.

It's true, of course, but when I feel like saying something, of letting those crowded deep recesses rise to the surface, I am usually in the car or walking the dog or on my way to work. In other words, I am not near this typing device and thus nothing gets written. Words roll around in my head, ideas and thoughts that probably don't deserve to be shared anyway. But I do like to write, honestly. It's just that I don't do it often enough.

Sometimes I will go back and read something I wrote a long time ago, even ten years ago, and now and then I am surprised by the coherent nature of many of these blogs. It appears that occasionally I have penned damn good essays. Of course, each of those is countered by other exercises in triteness, so go figure.

All this is to say that I have not forgotten my little blog postings here and I will try and get back to writing more often. I actually have a couple of books to report on and a couple of recipes to share and more random observations on the nature of the life we are living. But since I am at work right now, it doesn't feel right to write about my real life at this moment. My real life isn't work, although sometimes it feels like work takes up space in my life that I would rather use for something else. 

More to follow. Thanks for reading. Below is a photo of the Mapparium, a huge glass globe constructed in 1935 at the Christian Science Monitor site in Boston. It is a globe that a person can walk through, perhaps the only one of its kind in the world. I walked through it about 30 years ago and was just explaining it to a young coworker and am delighted to see a photo of it online. 



No comments:

Post a Comment