Tuesday, April 2, 2019

NASHVILLE - LUCINDA WILLIAMS - THE RYMAN THEATER !!!


Just got back from seeing Lucinda at the iconic Ryman Theater and what a kick ass show! It's the 20th Anniversary of the album "Car Wheels on a Gravel Road" so she is touring and doing all the songs on the album plus more!  I have seen her four or five times in the past and I am pretty sure the first time was with Tom at the Fillmore when "Car Wheels" was just released. She was incredibly relaxed tonight, told stories about most of the songs, some funny, some poignant. Her band was so good and they played for almost three straight hours, going from that nice country sound to full on rock and roll, guitars and drums blazing. And Emmylou Harris came on and did a couple of songs with her, an amazing surprise!

Tonight was the best I have ever seen Lucinda, for the music, the perfect sound in the Ryman, for her grateful presence on stage. 
Most of her songs are about the South and she sang about towns I have just driven through: Memphis, West Memphis, Jackson, Vicksburg, Tupelo, Nashville, and many that I will see in the next week. For obvious reasons, that made it even more memorable

This is the first time I have been here in Nashville and thus far I am having fun! I spent some time in a hotel that has a great art exhibit and it's free to the public. The hotel also has a great bar where I had a cocktail and two appetizers  for dinner before the Lucinda show. Delicious treats, one was a roasted baby carrot salad with shaved asparagus and slivered radishes, poppy seeds and a cashew creamy thing...it was one of the best vegetable things I have ever eaten.  (Blah, blah, how boring to talk about random food items.) I also went into the public library and it was huge, giant rooms, tall ceilings, like libraries you see in movies. It even had a courtyard on the second floor where you could sit outside and read books!

Tomorrow there is a museum to see, another cool bar to investigate and other items of interest. I will keep you posted.  And I am posting some photos on Instagram if you want to see them. My name there is Jagjulie68.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment