Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Only a couple of days left on this journey

From a cool hotel in a college town to a chain hotel in an industrial area near the airport is always a letdown. Especially when you didn't scope out the fact that their "airport shuttle" is pretty much nonexistent. Whatever. My room is small but very clean and there is always Uber to get me to the airport on Thursday morning.

Back in Memphis, where my travels began two weeks ago. Ate some spicy fried chicken this afternoon at Gus's, a legend in the South. Quite yummy, not too spicy, and if filled me up enough to make eating dinner not an option. Which means tomorrow there must be a plan and some pacing because I want BBQ ribs, another sample of fried chicken and Tennessee's answer to BBQ oysters. Plus see the Memphis Civil Rights Museum, the ducks at the Peabody Hotel, and random places to see downtown, then return the rental car to the airport so I don't need to deal with that on Thursday morning. 

At least one more posting here tomorrow. Tune in.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment