Monday, July 22, 2019

"Hamilton" .... Music! History! What was I waiting for?

Let's be clear right away, I haven't gone to see "Hamilton" because I honestly can't afford it. But for some random reason I just got the original soundtrack out of the library and am listening to it on CD in my car. It's amazing! Great music and lyrics, of course, but it totally tells the story of Hamilton in quick, smart verses.

Why it took me so long to listen to this music is a puzzle. I like musicals, I really like history, I like rap and I really like all of those things rolled into one. Better late than never is how I think of it.  At least I now know the draw and why people are in love with this show. Seeing it would be incredible but for now I am happy that I have been introduced to the production via the music.




No comments:

Post a Comment