Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Two weeks have zipped by since we last spoke.....

 Seriously, I am not working, not doing much of anything and yet I can't find time to put a few words down? What a total slacker.  (insert sad, embarrassed face here.)

In the last two weeks I read three or four books, made several dozen cookies, baked a very small two-layer carrot cake that was actually a wedding cake for one of my brothers!  And I got to officiate at the wedding, using the very small amount of power vested in me to pronounce the couple "husband and wife!" 

In California, it is easy to become a "minister" because you can do it all on-line and you don't need to believe in much of anything and it's FREE! When one of my younger brothers asked me to officiate at his wedding, I of course said yes, sat down at my laptop and voila! Was ordained overnight! No pesky classes to take, no pledging allegiance to anything, just signing the piece of paper and I became an Instant Minister. It was painless.

Thankfully, John and Emily (the afore mentioned husband and wife) wrote the script for the 5 minute ceremony, all I had to do was read it in a ministerial voice. The wedding was attended by a total of six people, including the two getting married, and took place outside in a sunny garden. It was very sweet and heartfelt. 

My cake was tiny, just for the two of them, not to be eaten or even sliced at the wedding ceremony. Here it is:  a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.  Who wouldn't agree to get married in order to have a little cake like that waiting joyfully in the fridge? 




More to follow, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment