Tuesday, March 9, 2021

This week last year. So long ago.

 The last road trip I took was this week last March.  Drove south down 101, spend a couple of nights in Monterey, a night at a great hotel in Atascadero, couple of nights in Santa Barbara (hotel room across from the beach!) and a night in Paso Robles.  Paso was hosting an amazing light show called Sensorio which consisted of more than 58,000 LED lights spread over 15 acres of field land.  The lights slowly changed from white to red to blue and green, and because this was in the Before Times, people could walk along paths through all of these lights. It was stunning, as you can see below.

Once my brief but beautiful road trip ended, I was back at work for my regular 4 day shift.  My last day was March 17, St. Patrick's Day.  That was the last work day I experienced.  As of March 19, California shut down.

Going over some of the photos makes me realize how lovely simple road trips can be. New scenery, new adventures, hanging out with a friend in SB, eating, drinking, talking, new hotel rooms and a fantastic light show.  There is a road trip in my near future; not sure where yet, but I am sure of its reality.






View in Santa Barbara from my balcony and walking the beach.






Light show above  and when you purposefully wiggle the camera below.






No comments:

Post a Comment