Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hotel Love

While I like the background of the travel blog, I am not sure I like how it looks published, so I am experimenting with new stuff.  We'll see how it works. 

From Eugene to Portland, easy drive.  Now we are at the Hotel Monaco, a Kimpton Hotel, downtown Portland. They like dogs and it is not a motel.  Cooper and I asked for an upgrade and got a suite, not huge but actually rather nice, small living room with couch, chairs, table, coffee table, TV.  Separate bedroom with lovely tall doors that could close off the living room if one had someone to sleep in that area (we do not).  King bed, another TV, more chairs.  We are Happy.  We like hotels.  We tolerate and accept motels because motels are very useful and expedient but Cooper and I have realized that we are more Hotel Peeps.  Or at least we would like to become such, like the Madeleine books about the little girl who lived in a hotel in France.  Cooper and I want to be her.  No chance of that happening, we know, but still......  Being homeless, we can dream of many things, and living in this hotel is one of those dreams.  Sigh.  (Yes, I know. The homeless card is shamelessly played.)

Tom is here, too, in a smaller room, with his dog.  Cooper and Mario (the dog) got to play "Running Laps" in the hotel corridor, chasing each other down the corridors which run in a loop, snipping and biting each other's tails, running as fast as they can.  Great exercise, esp since I am on the 7th floor and the hotel is not really that crowded right now.  Good fun.

More to follow but time for bed and zut alors!  It is not even 10:00 yet!  This hotel life is so exhausting!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Eloise! One of my all time favorite books--and I have always wanted to be her, as well.

    ReplyDelete