Thursday, April 21, 2011

Not quite Friday night

Gosh, look at all the people reading this blog right now, just because I emailed you all and reminded you!  It's like a miracle of technology.  Or not.

As they say, strange things are afoot at the Circle K.  Well, no one actually says that but I feel things are afoot, if not at the Circle K then at least in my life.  My last posting, for those of you who read it, was sad.  I was sad, I was (and still am) at a loss of what to do with my life right now.  The word "depressed" wouldn't be too harsh.  But I realized that if depressed was going to be the operative word in my life, there were better places to be depressed than Daly City.  Don't get me wrong, Daly City is, as the markers indicate,  "The Gateway to the Peninsula" and that is about as fine of a description of DC as one is going to get.  It is a city that you drive through to get to other cities. It is a pass-through city, a phantom city that leads you to other places.

Where Gabe and Annie's house is located is perfect, however.  SF is literally steps away, the SF Golf Club is 20 feet from their back door and the dogs and I are secret members. (The human members would be appalled to know that.)  We are a couple of miles from the ocean, about a quarter mile from the freeway and downtown SF is 10 minutes or less.  This part of DC is great.   But still, I don't want to be here forever, and G & A would nod their heads in agreement over that.  They don't want to be here forever and they don't want me to be here forever either.

So I need to find somewhere else to be.  A few good friends have offered up temporary accommodations and I will be seriously considering those offers.  As I mentioned previously, I can always go to Texas for a couple of months (or more) until my daughter's Texas sentence is commuted, which will be in a year.  Or I can branch out and move to .....  I don't know, let's say Boise or Le Grande, Oregon, or someplace where you can buy a house for less than $200,000.  Or a trailer for less than $35,000. 

What I am trying to say is that it is clear I need a new map for my life.  The next couple of weeks will be spent attempting to create that map.  Instead of being depressed I will try to be creative.  If that fails, I will accept the offers of "come stay with me" that I have received and see how the life of a nomad works out.

But stay tuned.  Who knows, it might be entertaining.  At least it won't be too dull.


This is in southern Utah.  Yumm, "ho-made" pies.


.

1 comment:

  1. i have been reading, FYI. my advice? find somewhere that you can get a food truck and hire some cheap people to help you and then rock the food truck. Portland? i'm still thinking of moving there, but i'm also thinking maybe somewhere like San Diego could be fun too. beach, sun, normal democrats, and people i know. whatever i decide, i cannot wait until my TX sentence is completed. and it is a sentence - like prison. thank god for people like Susie!! and PS - it's not friday yet!!

    ReplyDelete