Sunday, August 21, 2011

Another week gone!

Gosh, it's been a while since I wrote, and for no reason. Nothing has changed, the weather is still hot, and I still hate it.  But enough of that.

I had a little catering event this week, delivering food Jenn mostly made and I finished at the event.  It was in Dallas at a cool and funky gay bar and it went well.  As hot as it was outside at least it was nice and cool inside and everyone was happy and liked the food.  Next Saturday I have a dinner party that I am doing all by myself for 16 people at a private home in Dallas.  It seems that many people who have lots of money just hire private chefs so they can entertain their friends without having to get their hands dirty.  Yes, that sounds like I am being judgemental, and I am not, but the concept of hiring someone to cook food for a few friends just cracks me up.  Not that I am complaining, the money should be decent and it might actually be fun.  And if it isn't, who cares?

Jenn is out of town for a few days at the end of this coming week (thus my private chef gig) and when she returns I intend to leave this state. Blow this pop stand. Bust out of Dodge.  Unless something materializes vis a vis a job in California I will head to Oregon for a couple of weeks and check out the job scene there.  But that's is at least ten days away and much could happen between now and then.  No worries, you will be the first to know!

I made a pan of carnitas this weekend, the simplest recipe ever and cheap and really good.  Great for tacos or burritos or just to eat with your fingers.  You can find it here, and I thank Ben and Stacey for introducing it to me.  Try it.  You'll like it.  http://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/view?recipeID=216  Honestly, it sounds too simple to be true.  My only suggestion is that when you take the foil off and cook it at higher heat, if the liquid doesn't evaporate after 20 minutes, just siphon it off.

Alrighty then, over and out for now. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment