Sunday, October 9, 2011

And the job story, again

I actually think I should capitalize the word 'job' and make it 'Job", as in the Bible story of the guy who was inflicted with woe after woe.  Not that I am that woeful, but this job thing again is wearing me down.  Three interviews this past week, one job offer that I would love to accept but it doesn't pay enough to pay my bills, one job that I am sure I wasn't "perky" enough for and one still a remote possibility.  Sigh.

It's back to the job boards for me this week, that and trying to scare up some work here in Sonoma county.  The substitute innkeeper job I currently have ends in about six weeks when reservations fall off dramatically.  Getting work in the winter is tough in any industry, especially in lodging. 

Yet I will persevere, as is my way.  Might be time to start thinking of small, pagan sacrifices or trying to bribe some of the saints like St. Jude or St. Anthony.   Something's gotta give, and soon.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment