Sunday, November 13, 2011

Keys and a mattress

Got the keys to my new digs, going back today to measure the small rooms and figure out a usage plan for them.  Something creative, hopefully.  I bought a mattress two days ago, the first mattress I have purchased in about 25 years.  A had no idea they were so pricey now!  Last time I bought one the cost was around $200.  Today that doesn't even get you a pillow.  But I scored a great deal on a really nice floor model mattress that they (Sleep Train) will dry clean, sanitized and deliver to my door for about half of its regular cost.  I am excited to have a new mattress for my Gramma's old bed frame.

I was signing a year lease yesterday with my new landlord and the thought of committing to a year's rent without a regular income was rather daunting.  I did express that concern to him and he was fine about the hesitation, said that if it didn't work out we would work together to find a new tenant and he wouldn't keep my deposit if he didn't loose a renter for several months.  It would be nice to stay there for a year (or more) and I might feel more confident once I move in and get settled.  Right now it just feels a little scary.

However, the thought of only two or three more tepid showers in the trailer cheers me up enormously.  I will be in the trailer tonight and tomorrow night, then down to Daly City for a night or two to see friends and gather some of my stored belongings, then back to Santa Rosa to get my stuff moved in.  Hopefully Monday night will be the last night in the trailer.  Sigh.  It did serve a purpose and kept me warm and dry but I will be so happy to be living on solid land, not feeling the entire "building" moving when I get in and out of the shower or sit down on the pseudo-couch too quickly.  God knows what would happen in an earthquake, the entire trailer would probably fall over.

That's it for today.  More to follow.  Photos, too, coming soon.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment