Monday, December 12, 2011

Movie Review: "Andrew Zimmer"

Realizing that probably very few of you reading this will watch it, I still have to plug a movie from 2005, French, subtitled and the basis for the American crap movie "The Tourist."  The French movie of which I speak is "Andrew Zimmer."  Very smart, very sexy, very quick.  Sophie Marceau is so much more real and much hotter than Angelina Jolie and yet trickier and without the pouting lip thing. The  movie moves quickly and it wasn't until three quarters into it that I figured out a major twist, but then, I am slow on those things. I buy into everything and trust everything, as you know, so am always surprised by those plot devices designed to throw the viewer into the weeds.  I am always digging out of the weeds at the end of the movie but this time I got one thing before it was handed to me on a trowel, to continue that metaphor.

The story is about mistaken identity and mis-taken identity.  Innocent victim falls prey to greedy siren who has a couple of tricks up her sleeve but said victim agrees to go along for the ride.  It's a good ride, all in all and we, the viewer, are happy to hang in there for it. Can't say much more without spoiler alerts, so will just leave it at this:  two thumbs up, check it out.

It isn't on DVD but you can instant watch on Netflix and I advise you do.  Good entertainment.  And hey, it is always nice to hear French spoken and see some of the area around Nice. 

Bonne nuit!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment