Friday, December 16, 2011

Old

Quick post:  went to Sacramento to visit my  Mom who now lives in a "Senior Community." She loves it, she has lots of new friends, it is a clean and well cared for place, there are no dying people there so it isn't depressing (hmm, that is a subject for debate) and the people who work there are nice and caring.  The lobby is decorated for Christmas with a beautiful tree and poinsettias and lights and candles and sparkly stuff.  Nice.  Very nice.  Very cheery.  Very old people-ish.  A bit out of the land of reality.

But that's just my innately cynical commentary.  I will leave that alone.

Mom and I and my sister Kate had a good dinner, Mom insisted on paying and Kate and I let her pay.  She has more money rolling in right now than we do, at least more discretionary money, of which Kate and I have none.  It was a good visit but it was good to leave and drive home. Staying in the land of the very old was very tough. 

More on that to follow, once I digest it all.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment