Thursday, May 31, 2012

Garden

I know it's trite, but I can't help post some photos of the garden where I live.  When I moved in, mid-November, there were a few succulents and some sketchy ground cover, not much else.  Laurel, who lives in the tiny duplex attached to mine, is a gardener and she has turned the area into a beautiful, lush, colorful oasis.  Some plants are almost five feet tall, some are six inches off the ground, there are lots of blues and purples, orange, red, white, a tiny bit of peachy pink.  It smells lovely, especially in the early evening.  These pics don't do it justice because they were taken with an iphone, which is never as good as a camera.  (I can't find my camera, alas!)  But here they are. I wish you could see the bees and hummingbirds loving this foliage.  Plus we have a huge mass of boysenberries just getting ready to be eaten.  Tomatoes and squash plants are in, lettuce and herbs as well.






.


No comments:

Post a Comment