Sunday, June 10, 2012

Birthday

Great weekend.  I scooted out of the inn yesterday at 5:30, pretty early for me, with the excuse to the guests that it was my birthday and there was dinner waiting for me.  The guests practically shoved me out the door.  (Hmm, that might not be a good sign.)  Had a delicious dinner with my brother Steve, his best girl/friend Martha and their pal Michael.  Steve cooks ribeye steaks to perfection, and he pulled out a 12 year old wine that was possibly the best wine I've had in a couple of years.  Great time.

This morning all the guests at the inn said "Happy Birthday" to me, which was sweet, and they all had had a wonderful time in Healdsburg and thus left happy and wanting to return.

Then I drove to meet another brother, John, and his love Emily for lunch in Novato and we had a delicious and long lunch at Tavola, excellent service, nice menu, good time was had by all.

Now I am sitting in the garden of my small place, it is still hot outside but the garden smells good and the sun is low enough to give us shade.  It has been a nice weekend.  With people giving me love, it's OK to get another year older.

Well, sort of.  It's inevitable so why not just say 'yes' and move along.


,


.

No comments:

Post a Comment